- What makes you so special? Why are you necessary?
- What will people take away from you? How will you make a difference?
- How are you spreading your message? What is your brand and marketing plan?
- What would someone new to the field say about your idea? An expert?
- Who are your partners? What existing organization can benefit from your vision?
Since winning we have been reflecting on these questions and taking positive steps in answering them:
- We have reached out to YNPN to discuss possible collaboration.
- We will be drafting our strategic plan with a consultant to address sustainability and project measureables.
- We have outlined a new website and timeline for completion and launch.
- We continue to solicit feedback from our colleagues in the non-profit sector regarding our proposal.
- We have reached out to various Philadelphia based non-profits to explore fiscal sponsorship options in order to buttress our marketing and fundraising initiatives.
- We are preparing an application for the Bread and Roses Future Grant aimed at start up organizations.
- We are consistently growing our support base of non-profits, people under 30, and people over 30 who are eager to strengthen the non-profit community.
- We have been doing extensive research on what issues are affecting millenials in the non-profit sector and are developing a rubric to assess organizations.
Who knew that winning would be this hard? Yet as we move forward we are excited about the possibilities and feel more confident in facing our challenges!